To decide which shampoo to choose you need to know the type of hair you have.
Far was the simple distinction between shampoo for normal, dry and oily hair. Today the offer has increased considerably, and there is a lot of diversity and quality to choose from, so, more than ever, we must learn to know the variety of shampoos offered by the cosmetics industry, to know which one works best for you.
If your hair is:
- Normal, easy to comb, and shiny and silky, you can use a normal nourishing or vitaminized hair shampoo.
- Curly. Choose a specific shampoo for curly hair to help nourish the curl and prevent frizz.
- Dry, dull and with split ends. Look for a repair shampoo or a shampoo suitable for straight hair that can reduce the lack of moisture, and at the same time make styling easier.
- Oily. You should alternate shampoos for oily and nourishing hair, they will help you rebalance the excess oil on your scalp, give you the hydration you need, and protect your ends, which are sometimes dry and damaged.
Dyed or wicked. You may occasionally use a color maintenance shampoo. They are nourishing and moisturizing, and also contain specific cosmetic actives that help to keep the color unaltered for longer.
- Very fine and with little volume. Use a volumizing shampoo, whose active ingredients adhere to the hair fiber creating the thickest feeling, and add body to your hair.
- If your scalp is irritated, dermato-calming shampoos provide a feeling of freshness and soothe itching.
What you should expect from your shampoo is that it will remove dirt from your hair without damaging the scalp, and make it easier to comb your hair afterwards. Try as many as you need until you find the one that works best for you.
A visit to the hairdresser’s is the best time to get advice. Ask your hairdresser at BePretty in Chile or Colombia which shampoo is best for you.